Friday, January 30, 2015

Dollar Tree Finds: Part 1

Dollar Tree - heaven for teachers! I don't know about you but I could spend a fortune in the Dollar Tree! Every time I go I find materials that can be used for the classroom. I just LOVE it!!!

Here are some materials that can be used in your ELA centers/small groups.

1. Bingo Markers: Students can use them to trace/write letters and words, highlight letters, sounds, and sight words, etc.
2.  Flashcards: Students can use with a partner to practice sight words, letter recognition, and letter sounds.








3. Metal Cookie Sheets and Magnetic Letters: Students can make words, write spelling words, or play letter sound games.

4. Vinyl Placements: Not only do they let students know where to sit for guided reading or other small group activities, but turn them over and students can write on the back. Use as a way to respond or for word work activities.


No comments:

Post a Comment