Thursday, November 13, 2014

What Do You Teach Young Children?

What do you Teach Young Children?

When you tell someone you teach young children have you ever been asked, “What in the world do you teach 4, 5, and 6-year-olds?”  Carol Hillman in her book, Teaching Four-Year-Olds: A Personal Journey responds by saying: “Many years ago. I would have answered by describing some of the science projects or the work with art materials I did with children. Now it is different. I feel more secure in my own position. I tell them what I really do. I teach children about the world they live in, about themselves, and their peers. And I teach children about adults, trust, and love. I work with attitudes. I hope to inspire a love of learning. This is what I teach.”

What do YOU teach children?


With something to think about, this is Mrs. Morris reminding you ….

No comments:

Post a Comment